Sunday, April 12, 2009

Upcoming Gluten Free Baking Class

This week I am teaching a gluten free baking class which I am excited about.  I have taught other classes but this will be the first gluten free one.  I feel I have gained a lot of knowledge about this type of baking and wanted to share the information with others.  Here are the details if you want to join!

Gluten Free Baking Class

Thursday, April 16th at 7pm

Sunnyside United Methodist Church
3250 SE Yamhill Street
Portland, OR 97214

* Learn the basics of gluten free baking
* Explore the different flour options
* Recipes for cakes, pancakes and biscuits
* Samples will be provided!

$10 supply fee.  Pay online or bring cash or check to the class.  For more information and to pay online, go to www.tryveganpdx.com

This weekend I visited my family in Cathlamet, WA.  One of my favorite things to do when I go there is to drive through a wildlife refuge just a short distance away.  This weekend I saw an immature bald eagle (pictured), red tail hawks, always great blue herons, a raccoon, northern pintails, shovelers, wood ducks, wigeons, lesser scaups, killdeer, white-tailed deer, common merganser and a shore bird I think is a surfbird.  I was especially excited to see all the common mergansers, about a group of eight of them, since I never see them and I think they are such fascinating birds.  I also got to see osprey and bald eagles from my parents back yard which faces the Columbia River.  So beautiful!

No comments: