Monday, January 4, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

I made these mushrooms for Christmas dinner with my family. Since I was feeding two kids (my niece and nephew) I didn't think these would be a big hit, but after the first bite, we all realized I had made a mistake. We all wanted more than the 2 each I prepared. Luckily there was much more other food to go around; however this was the surprise hit.


Savory Stuffed Mushrooms

1 small Leek, sliced and chopped
2 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tb Olive Oil
1 Tb fresh Thyme
½ cup Bread Crumbs, ground
18 Crimini mushrooms, stems removed
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Braggs
2 Tb Water

Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems. This is easily done by moving the stem around forcing it to go in the different directions, and then pulled out.

Sauté the leeks, celery and garlic in the 1 Tb olive oil until soft. In a medium bowl, add the bread crumbs and fresh thyme and pour in the cooked veggies and combine. Using your hands, push as much of the filling into the mushroom as it will allow. Place mushroom with the filling faced up in a baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the mushrooms.

Combine the 1 tsp oil, braggs and water and pour into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden. Pour in more water if needed so the mushrooms do not dry out.

1 comment:

austin homes said...

This looks absolutely delicious. I'm a sucker for anything with mushrooms. I like fried mushrooms dipped in jalepeno cilantro sauce.