Thursday, January 21, 2010

This weekend in Portland...

For those of you in Portland, the must go-to event of the month is this Saturday at Multnomah County Library, central location from 1 – 2:30pm. Jess of get sconed! blog will talk all about her blog, eating locally, and being a Portland vegan. Samples will be available! Jess is one of the nicest people I know and her blog is fun and personal with amazing food pics and recipes. She knows more about the Portland food scene than anyone else I know.

Another must-see event is Margin of Certainty: from Veganism to Activism is an interactive workshop which will be led by Jasmin Singer, Farm Sanctuary’s campaigns manager. This one is on Sunday at 1pm located at Matt Dishman Community Center (77 NE Knott Portland, OR 97212) Classroom A. Let Live is putting on the event so show your support and learn something new!

I wish I could go and show my support for both of these events but my weekend is filled with volunteer work and studying. School is great but definitely takes a lot of time and commitment. My volunteer commitment is entirely worth it since I get to have so many precious interactions with wild creatures we're hoping to help at Audubon Wildlife Care Center.

2 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

aw, thanks, chels!

two vegan boys said...

I just found your page. It is great. And I like the comment on your header. We have a monthly vegan potluck in our home with vegans and omnivores. The omnis are always impressed with the food that is cooked and served. We vegans DO eat tasty food.