Thursday, September 17, 2009

Portland this weekend


So much potential fun this weekend!  All day Saturday is Veg Fest which will be bigger and better than ever!  Music, food to eat and plenty of samples, food demos and talks galore.  Admission is only $5 for all this.  There will be something for everyone at this event! 
 

The weather for Sunday is suppose to be nice.  When summer starts to go away I get a little sad, until I remember the great things about fall.  One of my favorite things to do in the fall is going to the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens because there are less people in the park and the migrating water birds are showing up.  The most diverse combination of birds are seen around this time of year and I get so excited trying to find some less common sights such as mergansers, ruddy ducks and shovelers.  The air is also fresh and leaves start to change color and it reminds me how beautiful life can be.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: